Yoga is an excellent workout to aid in weight loss by building muscle in the various postures you perform. Yoga is a simple form of breathing exercise that tones every part of the body and makes it more fit. It mainly consists of three parts breathing techniques, asanas, and cleansing.
The following yoga exercises for weight loss will do just that while strengthening your arms, legs, butt, and abs. Get started now to see weight loss results in as little as 1 week.
Weight Reduction with Yoga Exercises
- Mountain pose or Tadasana: Considered to be one of the easiest yoga exercises for weight loss, this pose improves your posture and balance. It also helps in slowly warming up the body.
- Bikram yoga is a type of yoga that is loved by most athletes and celebrities as it helps in reducing weight by burning a lot of calories if one does it regularly at least ten times a month. Bikram yoga is a mix of yoga exercises with cardiovascular, aerobic, and fat-burning workouts.
- Firm Sides of Abs: Stand with feet together, hands at sides. Place the sole of the left foot on the inside of the right thigh, bending the knee to the side. Touch palms in front of chest for 2 breaths. On the third inhale, raise arms, fingertips toward the ceiling. Exhale, and while exhaling, tilt the torso to the left. Inhale and straighten up. Repeat 3 to 5 times, pressing foot into thigh; change sides.
- Take a deep breath and pause. Bend your knees. Bring the left leg close to the buttock and fully extend the right leg at a 30-degree angle. Now bring the right leg near the buttock and stretch the left-right leg completely in a circular manner at an angle of 30 degrees. You will move both your legs as if you are riding a bicycle.
- Pranayama is a breathing technique that is effective for weight loss. This asana helps istimulatethe abdominal muscles in your body and thus burns fat. Doing this simple asana daily in the morning on an empty stomach for five minutes will work wonders for you and help in weight loss.
- Ashtanga yoga is another yoga practice that not only helps in reducing weight but also makes yoga easy. It synchronizes posture with the breathing technique
You have to remember that the difference between normal exercise and yoga exercise for weight loss is that yoga exercises are done slowly, taking adequate rest whenever necessary. Yoga is the best way to lose weight.