The use of natural antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients is vital to our skin care regimen.
Beauty supplements and skin care products often contain similar natural plant extracts such as chamomile and USDA Certified Organic Shea Butter, which provides essential nutrients to nourish and maintain youthful, radiant skin. These nutrients, including antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, are now widely available in various skincare products like moisturizers, serums, conditioners, gels, and anti-aging treatments. Antioxidants, in particular, play a crucial role in protecting the skin from harmful oxygen-free radicals that can cause premature aging, sagging, and other skin damage caused by external factors such as UV radiation.
Read More: What is the best way to protect your skin from sun-related damage
Understanding the harmful effects of free radicals is important because they can damage cells and cause gene mutations, leading to various disorders and preventing the skin from repairing itself. Antioxidants help to reduce the number of free radicals in our bodies, which not only helps to maintain skin health but also promotes beauty. Increasing the number of antioxidants in your diet, using antioxidant concentrates topically, or taking antioxidant supplements can help to decrease problems like wrinkles, spots, hyperpigmentation, and sagging skin, and maintain a youthful appearance.
MINERALS FOR BEAUTIFUL SKIN
- COPPER: Copper helps to stimulate your body to makf collagen and elastin, helps to thicken the epidermis, and increases vascularity and oxygenation to the body as well.
- IRON: Supplies energy to every cell in the body andis a vital component of hemoglobin which supplies oxygen to muscles. A deficiency could cause a pale lackluster complexion.
- MAGNESIUM: herbal dietary supplement that aid in strong cardiac function and smooth muscle relaxation, including the muscles in your face.
- SELENIUM: contains antioxidants thathelps to decrease various ailments of the skin.
- SULFUR: Sulfur is a part of the protein called Keratin. Keratin is seen in nails, hai,r and skin. Sulfur is vital for the making of collagen and is needed for the connective tissues.
- ZINC: Zinc is required for collagen production and elastin synthesis, as well as DNA repair. Zinc is needed for DNA duplication, which is a must for healthy dividing cells.
VITAMINS FOR BEAUTIFUL SKIN
- VITAMIN A: The vitamin necessary for healthy skin. A deficiency or too much Vitamin A can cause your skin to feel rough and also be very dry. When applied on the skin, it can decrease the level of free radicals.
- VITAMIN C: Known for its antioxidant powers and photoprotective abilities. When applied to the skin, vitamin C is used in the prevention and treatment of skin aging. It is also used for skin brightening and reducing hyperpigmentation.
- VITAMIN D: This has been shown to reverse skin damage while also having the ability to increase wound healing. Vitamin D is produced in the body after exposure to the sun and has been shown to have a beneficial effect on skin repair and hair growth.
- VITAMIN E: Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant. Experiments show that it may protect against the degradation of collagen, and also prevent skin damage by environmental attack and aging.
- CoQ10 also known as Coenzyme Q-10: Taking this as a supplement or using it on the skin has a beneficial effect of high reduction of photoaging of your skin. It also reduces oxidative DNA damage and suppresses the degradation of one’s collagen.
Read More: Why You Should Buy a Himalayan Salt Lamp?
OTHER DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS FOR BEAUTIFUL SKIN
- Hyaluronic acid, also known as hyaluronan, is a naturally occurring substance produced by the body. The highest levels of this acid are found in three organs: the skin, connective tissue, and eyes. The primary function of hyaluronic acid is to retain water, keeping the tissues hydrated, lubricated, and moist.
- Collagen, on the other hand, is a specific type of protein made up of amino acids. It is responsible for maintaining the health and structure of tissues and bones. Collagen is found throughout the body, including in muscles, bones, joints, hair, and skin. There are various types of collagen present in different parts of the body, each with itn unique function.
To maintain youthful and healthy skin, it is essential to start from within by ensuring a well-balanced diet that provides antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients. At Purely Shea Organics, we offer one-stop shopop for natural beauty, health, and wellness needs.