Dark circles are a common issue that can affect both men and women. They not only give the appearance of fatigue but also make one look older. The skin around the eyes is thin and delicate, making dark circles more noticeable. As this area lacks oil glands, it requires special attention.
There are several reasons behind the formation of dark circles, including heredity, increasing age, dry skin, prolonged crying, long hours in front of a computer, mental or physical stress, lack of sleep, and an unhealthy diet. While dark circles may not be a serious problem, they can sometimes look unsightly and affect one’s self-esteem.
If you have dark circles, you may be wondering how to get rid of them. Fortunately, there are several ways to reduce their appearance quickly. Here are some of the top best ways to get rid of dark circles fast.
Read More: How to remove acne scars naturally in a week
10 Ways To Get Rid of Dark Circles Under Eyes Quickly
- Grated Potatoes: Grate raw potatoes and extract their juice. Now take a cotton ball and soak it in potato juice. Close your eyes and place these cotton balls on your eyes. Make sure they cover the entire area of your eyes as well as the dark circles under the lids. Leave it on for 10 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
- Take a small bowl with cucumber juice, and dip two cotton swabs in it. Leave it on the eyes for 15 minutes and wash it with plain water. You can also apply the juice directly to the dark circles. Repeat every day till you see results.
- Tomatoes are rich in many nutrients including vitamins A, B, and C, phosphorus, potassium, sulfur, calcium, and iron. All these nutrients along with their bleaching properties make tomatoes a great remedy for dark circles. Lemon juice also has bleaching properties. Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce dark circles as well as puffy eye bags. Make this very beneficial pack using all these ingredients to get rid of your dark circles.
- Tea bags are also considered a beneficial treatment for dark circles. Place a cold tea bag on both eyes and leave it for some time. Pat it dry and you will see your eyes come alive again.
- Almond oil: Almond oil is a great natural ingredient that benefits the delicate skin around your eyes. Regular use of almond oil will help in reducing the circles under your eyes. Apart from almond oil, you can also use vitamin E oil to eliminate dark circles under the eyes.
- Rose water: Rose water is one of the most soothing remedies for the eyes. Made using fragrant roses, rose water fulfills your many potentials by relaxing you. If your dark circles are due to lack of sleep, pushiness, tiredness, or sitting for long hours in front of those glorious machine screens, then this remedy is for you. The antibacterial and antiseptic properties of rose water protect you from dust, pollution, itching, redness, and swelling of the eyes. It can also reduce puffiness and dark circles under the eyes.
- Cold tea bags: Soak a tea bag in water. Then keep it in the fridge for some time. Now keep these tea bags on your eyes. You can also use chamomile tea bags. Dark circles will go away with their regular use.
- Lemon juice: Like potatoes, lemon juice also has bleaching properties. Vitamin C will help in removing dark circles around the eyes. You can apply cotton dipped in fresh lemon juice on the affected area. Leave it for fifteen minutes and wash it with normal water. Repeat to see the result.
- Buttermilk: Buttermilk is also a rich source of probiotics and lactic acid. Lactic acid can exfoliate the skin to give it a glow. The acidic and astringent properties of buttermilk can heal discoloration under the eyes. It is used with turmeric to get the anti-inflammatory effects of this very good spice for health and beauty as we discussed in the previous remedy.
- Exercise: Daily exercise, along with deep breathing, improves blood circulation, and oxygenation and regulates stress. Along with adequate sleep and relaxation, a daily exercise regime leads to a healthy lifestyle which results in reduced dark circles.
All these measures should be enough to prevent dark circles under your eyes. If not, use one or the other home remedy for dark circles or visit a doctor to rule out any possibility of various diseases which may be indicated by dark circles under the eyes!