Homemade acne cleansers may be the best way to fight these unattractive blemishes. Despite beliefs to the contrary, acne frequently affects all age groups. People who are prone to acne often spend hundreds of dollars a year on commercial acne cleansers.
These products usually use harsh chemicals and can leave skin feeling dry or peeling. The great thing about home acne treatments is that they often use natural products instead of the harsh chemicals found in over-the-counter or prescription acne treatments, making them ideal for sensitive skin.
There are many different methods for home acne treatment, from teas to skin scrubs. On this page, we have included some easy home remedies that are easily available from a garden or health food store if necessary. So, if you want to learn how to treat acne at home on your own, keep reading!
Best Homemade Cleanser Recipes to Get Rid of Acne
- Experiment with various homemade cleansers to find the one that works for your skin type and complexion. So, take a look at the homemade cleanser recipes for acne-prone skin.
- Baking soda is a natural face scrub. Use this homemade cleanser to get acne-free skin. Mix a pinch of baking soda in water and apply on face and neck. Scrub gently and leave for 2 minutes. Wash off with cool water and apply moisturizer to avoid drying out the skin.
- Lemon is another way to dry up the oil secreted through the skin. Egg white is also an important remedy for acne. Use this mixture as a skin mask. Leave on for about 20 minutes, and then gently wash off with a face cleanser.
- Gently pat sweet almond oil on the areas with visible blackheads. Apply a hot towel several times on the blackheads. This, in addition to baths and facials, will soften deeply ingrained blackheads, and help loosen them enough to push them out with a tissue or cotton-wool.
- Oatmeal is not only good for your body, it also works wonders for your skin. Oatmeal is naturally high in vitamins which makes it perfect for reducing the redness and inflammation caused by acne. Make your own acne treatment by soaking ½ cup oatmeal in 1 cup boiling water. After the oatmeal mixture cools down, apply it on your face and gently massage the skin. Wash the porridge after one to two minutes.
- Make a paste by mixing strawberries and curd. Apply on the face and leave for 15 minutes. Rinse off with milk and then water. This homemade cleanser unclogs pores and is good for acne-prone skin.
There is no need to spend countless dollars on drugs that may or may not work. Let me know if you’ve tried any of these 5 home acne remedies. Also, do you have recipes for any other home acne remedies you want to share?